Conditions for participation in dry needling courses organized by Uplands Physio Clinic ©
Each participant must agree to the following terms and conditions before participating in the 'Dry Needling courses' organized by Uplands Physio Clinic (UPC).
By applying, you agree to adhere to these conditions, the privacy and cancellation policies, as well as the risk statement provided below.
Application and registration
- Application for the courses must be made through payment on the website www.dryneedlingcanada.com
- The courses are open to physical therapists and physicians.
- After applying on the website you will receive a confirmation email from UPC with information and details for payment.
- Your placement will be secured upon receipt of your payment.
- All participants are expected to participate in the hands-on and dry needling parts of the courses.
- Course fees can be found on www.dryneedlingcanada.com
- Course fees are subject to GST unless stated otherwise.
- Course materials, lunches, coffee/tea and snacks are included unless otherwise indicated.
- UPC reserves the right to modify course agendas and rates.
Cancellations and changes
- If you cancel up to 30 days before the start of a course, you are entitled to a full reimbursement.
- If you cancel within 30 days of the start of a course, there is no full reimbursement.
- However, for an administrative fee, we will allow you to transfer your registration to another course that begins within 6 months of the original course date for which you registered. One such transfer is allowed at this rate; all others result in a 50% fee.
- There is no refund of any kind if you withdraw after a course has started.
- Requests for cancellations or other changes should be made in writing to UPC through email@example.com
Number of participants
- The continuation of a course depends on a minimum number of participants.
- UPC reserves the right to reschedule a course if there are insufficient registrations.
- If a course is not delivered due to insufficient registration, UPC will hold your registration until there are enough registrations for a course to be delivered or you can request a full refund
- UPC will always do its best to put on the scheduled courses.
- UPC reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
- UPC will make every attempt to contact you as soon as possible in the event a course must be cancelled.
- If a course is cancelled due to weather or low enrollment, UPC will contact you at the email address you provided at registration and a full refund will be given for your course registration if requested.
- UPC cannot be held liable if a course is cancelled due to causes beyond its control.
- UPC is not responsible for any charges incurred by the registrant due to cancellation of the course other than the registration fee.
- None of the course materials and additional documentation may be copied, reproduced or distributed in any way.
- The making of video and/or audio recordings of a course or any part of this is not allowed.
- When violating these rules UPC will begin legal proceedings within the context of the copy-right laws.
- Complaints may be filed to UPC as per the policy stated on its website www.dryneedlingcanada.com
- Students, teachers, lecturers and assistants cannot be held liable for damages of any nature whatsoever arising during the course.
- Students, teachers, lecturers and assistants cannot be held liable for any harm caused to the students’ prospective patients.
- In case of any doubt about a dry needling technique the trainee should first contact UPC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students will perform dry needling techniques under supervision and will place dry needles in various muscles during the course.
- The student understands that the use of dry needles carries a small risk of injury such as puncturing a blood vessel, nerve, or organ structure.
- These adverse effects are temporary in nature and UPC will try to avoid these as much as possible through strict supervision.
- The student is aware of these risks by completing the online application on this website.
Deviating from these conditions
- Deviation from one or more of the above conditions is only possible if this has been discussed before the start of the course and both parties have agreed in writing.
- If there is a deviation from one of the listed conditions as described above in point 1, all other conditions will remain in place.
- UPC cannot be held responsible for typos on the dryneedlingcanada.com website and in all other documentation but will make efforts to minimize such occurrences.
Privacy and confidentiality
- Your contact details will be handled and stored with complete confidentiality and according to existing privacy laws.
- Your contact details will not be provided to third parties.
- All medical information of students and/or their patients will be kept strictly confidential.
These conditions were drawn up by UPC on May 25th, 2011 and revised on August 15, 2015. They can be modified at any time by the management of UPC.
© Uplands Physio Clinic: Images and text protected
Uplands Physio Clinic
136 Oliver Place
Penticton, B.C. V2A 0H1