Literature used for the courses organized by Uplands Physio Clinic ©
After your application and payment, you will receive course specific materials by email to prepare for the dry needling course.
At level 1 you will receive a 185-page course manual, a Trail Guide anatomy/palpation book, and a trigger point poster.
Amongst others, the following books and articles were used to put the course materials together.
- Alvarez DJ et al. Trigger points: Diagnosis and management. American Family Physician, 2002, 65 (4), 653-660.
- Audette JF, Wang D. Acupuncture in Pain Management. Chapter: Integrative Pain Medicine.The Science and Practice of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Pain Management. New York: Humana Press, 2008,
- Campbell A. Acupuncture in Practice 2nd Edition - Beyond points and meridians.
London: Butterworth Heinemann, 2001.
- Davies C. Trigger Point Therapy Workbook 2nd ed Oakland: New Harbinger Publications, 2001.
- Fernandez-de-las-Penas C. et al. Tension-type and cervicogenic headache. Sudbury: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2009,
- The Gunn Approach to the Treatment of Chronic Pain 2nd ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1996.
- Neil-Asher S. Concise Book of Trigger Points. Chichester: Lotus Publishing, 2014.
- Seem M. Acupuncture Physical Medicine. Boulder: Blue Poppy Press, 2003.
- Simons DG, Travell JG. Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual. Volume 1 Upper Half of Body. 2nd ed. Baltimore, MD: Williams & Wilkins; 1999.
- Timmermans F. Analysis of MPS - Assessment – J Physioth Feb 2008 (in Dutch)
© Uplands Physio Clinic: Images and text protected